No one understands Pittsburgh’s neighborhoods better than the residents living in them. Each neighborhood is unique and unless we hear from the residents, we cannot fully understand how to address their challenges and aspirations.
The purpose of the Grassroots Grantmaking Committee (GGC) is to create an empowered community of change agents. Through the GGC, Neighborhood Allies coordinates and connects grassroots leaders in our target neighborhoods to each other and to available resources, so that their long-term efforts lead to visible, resident-led change. The GGC provides a way for leaders to exchange information, develop ideas and strategies, and access tools to implement community change actions. The GGC makes decisions about the Love My Neighbor! grant recipients.
- The Gathering Connects People, Ideas and Resources!
- The Grassroots Grantmaking Committee Funds 25 Love My Neighbor! Projects for over $47,000 in grants!
- Love My Neighbor! Grantmaking Committee Amazed by Resident-Led Projects
- Love My Neighbor! Grassroots Grantmaking Committee Convenes and Invites New Members!
- 9 neighborhoods, 20 resident-led projects, over $30K in grants #LoveMyNeighbor!
- Call For Grassroots Grantmaking Committee (GGC) Nominations!
- Community Leadership Forum Travels to Cleveland to Learn from a Champion in Grassroots Grantmaking
- Community Leadership Forum Builds Momentum and Kicks off Grassroots Grantmaking Program
- Neighborhood Allies Launches the First Community Leadership Forum: an Evening of Relationship-Building and Excitement