The South Pittsburgh Hilltop communities are comprised of twelve areas: eleven City of Pittsburgh neighborhoods and Mt. Oliver Borough, the only borough completely surrounded by Pittsburgh neighborhoods. We are focused on three of those areas: Allentown, Beltzhoover and Knoxville.
The Hilltop Communities sit on the high ridge south of and above South Side Flats. The Hilltop area is adjacent to Pittsburgh neighborhoods Duquesne Heights, Brookline, and Overbrook to the west; Brentwood Borough sits farther to the south; and Baldwin Borough and the Hays neighborhood sit to the east. The Monongahela River runs along the eastern edge of the Hilltop neighborhoods. There are spectacular views of much of the City of Pittsburgh looking north along the northern edge of Mount Washington and Allentown, especially in Grandview Park, and South Side Slopes.
- Neighborhood Allies and the Office of Public Art Seek Artists to Participate in the Temporary Public Art and Placemaking Program
- Neighborhood Allies Fellow Mary Taylor is Featured in Pittsburgh Magazine!
- Neighborhood Allies Awards Over $425,000 To Neighborhood Transformation Projects In Under-served Communities
- Neighborhood Allies awards $425,000+ in grants
- Community Based Organizations Selected for Temporary Public Art and Placemaking Pilot