The South Pittsburgh Hilltop communities are comprised of twelve areas: eleven City of Pittsburgh neighborhoods and Mt. Oliver Borough, the only borough completely surrounded by Pittsburgh neighborhoods. We are focused on three of those areas: Allentown, Beltzhoover and Knoxville.
The Hilltop Communities sit on the high ridge south of and above South Side Flats. The Hilltop area is adjacent to Pittsburgh neighborhoods Duquesne Heights, Brookline, and Overbrook to the west; Brentwood Borough sits farther to the south; and Baldwin Borough and the Hays neighborhood sit to the east. The Monongahela River runs along the eastern edge of the Hilltop neighborhoods. There are spectacular views of much of the City of Pittsburgh looking north along the northern edge of Mount Washington and Allentown, especially in Grandview Park, and South Side Slopes.
- 25 resident-led projects, nine neighborhoods, over $47,000 of direct investment into communities!
- Call For Grassroots Grantmaking Committee (GGC) Nominations!
- The Temporary Public Art & Placemaking Pilot Showcases Community Projects at Open House
- The Grassroots Grantmaking Committee Funds 25 Love My Neighbor! Projects for over $47,000 in grants!
- Love My Neighbor! Grantmaking Committee Amazed by Resident-Led Projects