Grants & Loans
Need capital for your idea to make your neighborhood (or many neighborhoods) healthier, safer and stronger? In 2016, we streamlined our process to three programs:
- Love My Neighbor! Grants – grants of $500 – $2,500 for residents to make a positive change in their community. Eligible for residents in the Hill District, Hilltop (Beltzhoover, Allentown and Knoxville), Homewood, Larimer, Lincoln-Lemington, Millvale and Wilkinsburg.
- Catalytic Grants– grants of $1,000 to $75,000 for community based organizations, nonprofits and collaboratives to make their neighborhood (or many neighborhoods) healthier, safer and stronger. (The Catalytic & Small and Simple grant programs are now consolidated into one to help streamline our grant programs).
- LISC Loans– financing for predevelopment, acquisition, construction, working capital and other needs of larger community development projects.
To learn more about why we changed our grants programs, download this FAQ Sheet.
We catalyze fresh thinking, take strategic risks, test new approaches and track progress using our Complete Capital model*.
- Financial Capital: Pooling the right kinds of money; local, state & national money available through grants, debt, equity and investments at institutions
- Human Capital: Advice, training, or support from the right people; staff, consultants, board members
- Social Capital: Leveraging and building the right networks; relationships and trust we build with people and organizations in all sectors
- Intellectual Capital: Learning, understanding, and sharing what works; bank of data sets, knowledge of best practices, success and failure stories
*Our Complete Capital Model was adapted from the Nonprofit Finance Fund model.