Small Seeds Development Wants YOU!Leave a Comment
Small Seeds Development, Inc. exists to support, strengthen and sustain families to build strong and safe communities and they are seeking a Social Services Employment Assistant Program (SSEAP) Manager to join their team!
Position: Program Manager
The Manager must be a highly motivated, independent person who has a passion for community engagement and the expertise to effectively fulfill this multi-faceted position. This position demands someone with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining organization and open communication with staff and the community. SSEAP is a break-down-the barriers approach to getting the social services needed to create a satisfying work experience for unemployed and underemployed individuals, including youth, young adults, veterans, and ex-offenders.
- Oversees the implementation of the SSEAP and related computer lab activities.
- Develops relationships with employers and community members to create employment and training opportunities for program participants.
- Provides intensive employment counseling services to a targeted group of program participants and tracks corresponding case notes.
- Develops a weekly and monthly schedule of employer events and markets these events to the SSEAP program participant base.
- Manages the staffing schedule to ensure that the SSEAP center is open during scheduled program hours.
- Supervises interns and volunteers, including volunteer recruitment and scheduling.
- Manages the orientation of all new staff and volunteers.
- Advertises SSEAP services to local neighborhood residents.
- Works with staff to ensure computers and other technology is functioning properly.
- Ensures the cleanliness and security of the SSEAP center.
- Monitors participant enrollment and participation rates and works with staff to take appropriate corrective actions when necessary.
- Implements and monitors mechanisms for tracking all program outcome data.
- Develops all program and funding reports.
- Performs any and all other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or education preferred with a minimum of 3 years professional experience.
- Superior computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, database management, Windows, internet, and email.
- Work experience with community groups and urban clients preferred
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills.
- Additional Requirements: Act 33 & 34 Clearances, Act 80 requirements, good driving record, valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and proof of insurance per policy.
The incumbent generally performs the duties of the position at a computer lab location or in the surrounding community. He/she will have extensive direct contact with program participants and will spend some time out of the office. Extensive communication with employers and other agencies is necessary. The position involves periodic automobile transportation use. The position involves working with highly confidential information.
SALARY: Small Seeds offers a competitive salary and benefits.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements electronically to HR@ssdipgh.org (please note job title in your subject line) or by mail to Small Seeds Development Inc., 6033 Broad Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15206. The deadline to apply is November 14, 2014. No phone calls please.
Small Seeds Development Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.