Small Seeds Development is hiring AGAIN!Leave a Comment
Small Seeds Development, Inc. exists to support, strengthen and sustain families to build strong and safe communities and they are seeking a Fiscal Manager to join their team!
Position: Fiscal Manager
The Fiscal Manager is responsible for overall administration and performance of internal accounting, financial matters, and human resources under direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance with a minimum of 3 years professional experience.
• Superior computer skills, including good working knowledge of QuickBooks, Windows, MS Office, MS Word, internet and email.
• Demonstrated organizational and communication skills.
• Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Understanding of nonprofit accounting (OMB Circular A-133 compliance for nonprofits) and financial management required.
• Additional Requirements: Act 33 & 34 Clearances, Act 80 requirements, good driving record, valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and proof of insurance per policy.
• Maintains effective internal controls to assure the safeguarding of assets and reliability of financial statements.
• Ensures complete and up-to-date operating procedures for all accounting and financial controls. Revises and maintains Financial Operational Procedural Manual.
• Audits vendor invoices for accuracy, applying accounting charge codes and resolving vendor discrepancies. Prepares annual 1099-MISC and 1096 forms.
• Prepares, records, and processes the following:
– Accounts Receivable
– Cash Receipts
– Accounts Payable
– Cash Disbursements
– Fixed Assets
• Prepares remittances for insurance and retirement plans if warranted.
• Prepares monthly financial statements and budget reports, ensuring their accuracy and timeliness.
• Analyzes significant cost variances and cash flow reports.
• Performs monthly bank reconciliations.
• Prepares annual and other periodic cost reports required by all funding sources.
• Ensures proper preparation of annual financial audit and annual tax form 990.
• Assists in preparing special cost studies as required.
• Prepares Workmen’s compensation annual audit report.
• Participates actively in all required team meetings, trainings and supervisory sessions.
• Performs in accordance with established system-wide competencies.
• Reviews, recommends, summarizes and updates insurance coverages including general liability, disability, workmen’s compensation, employee health/dental, and other coverage necessary for adequate risk management.
• Ensures employee benefits are in place, manages timesheet relation/maintenance, processes payroll through payroll service, maintains personnel files and manages employee benefits.
• Manages computer related issues: Coordinate with computer consultant on upgrades, networking and Internet
• Performs other duties as assigned.
SALARY: Small Seeds offers a competitive salary and benefits.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements electronically to
HR@ssdipgh.org (please note job title in your subject line) or by mail to Small Seeds Development Inc., 6033 Broad Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15206. The deadline to apply is November 12, 2014. No phone calls please.
Small Seeds Development Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.