Seeking a Photography & Graphic Design Intern!1 Comment
Position: Photography and Graphic Design Intern
Status: Part-time; 15 hours per week; can align with semester starting in January.
Compensation: $10 per hour
Reports to: Program Manager, Community Resources and Communications
Location: Remote position, with occasional visits needed to our downtown office.
VISION: We envision a Pittsburgh with healthy neighborhoods that are thriving, resilient, and livable for all.
MISSION: Neighborhood Allies works to support the people, organizations and partnerships committed to creating and maintaining thriving neighborhoods.
Neighborhood Allies seeks a Photography and Graphic Design Intern. Primary responsibilities include taking photographs and developing designs for print and electronic media. The Photography and Graphic Design Intern may also assist in the creation of digital media for use on the website, take photographs during events, perform clerical tasks as needed, and contribute to the overall operations of this fast-paced community development organization. The Photography and Graphic Design Intern also upholds and believes in the mission and goals of Neighborhood Allies and helps to celebrate the revitalization of distressed and transitional neighborhoods.
What You Will Learn:
- Introduction to comprehensive neighborhood revitalization strategies.
- Basic operational training on how to work in a fast-paced professional work environment.
- Experience photographing people and buildings in urban redevelopment settings.
- Opportunity to build your portfolio.
- Relationship-building marketing with our clients by photographing their projects and sharing with them and their online communities.
- Potential to see photographs in relevant news or website publications.
What We Require:
- Be a junior or senior with a minimum 3.0 GPA, currently majoring in Photography, Graphic Design, Journalism, Fine Arts, Communications, or a Media-Related program.
- Strong communication skills.
- High level of comfort in diverse neighborhood settings.
- Experience in digital photography.
- Common sense when on-site in neighborhoods.
- Creativity and flexibility.
- Basic photo-editing skills; experience using Adobe CS6, specifically Photoshop, preferred.
Please send cover letter, resume, and a work sample (can be a few photos and graphic design samples with the email, or a link to more work hosted elsewhere) to:
225 Ross St., Suite 202
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
No phone calls please.
NEIGHBORHOOD ALLIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.