Oakland Affordable Living Project | OPDC
PROJECT: Oakland Affordable Living
PROGRAM: 2016 Predevelopment Loan
PARTNER: Oakland Planning and Development Corp.
Aligning with Oakland 2025, the neighborhood’s community plan, the Oakland Affordable Living Project supports the plan’s identified housing goal to provide innovative, sustainable housing choices for diverse new residents who are attracted To Oakland’s vitality and amenities. It will also preserve workforce housing in Oakland and begin to address the need for affordable housing for
low-income working people looking for good quality housing in Oakland near jobs and transportation.
The OAL Project will:
- Preserve and improve 24 affordable units as Allequippa Place
- Produce an additional 25 affordable units
- Five of the units will serve households earning at or below 20% AMI
- Twenty of the units will serve households earning at or below 50% AMI
- All units will serve residents at or below 60% AMI
- Six units will be handicap accessible and two units will designed with audio/visual elements