Equitable Business Development Program Designed for Minority East End Entrepreneurs | East Liberty Development Inc.
East Liberty Development Inc. will pilot a 9-month Business Development Program, with the longer term goal of securing a permanent, supportive, co-working space for minority business development.
This $15,000 investment will positively impact Equitable Development in Larimer.
- 10 participants joining the Catapult Program: From Start Up to Storefront for 9 months
- 10 one-on-one mentoring sessions held
- 8 Educational Seminars hosted
- 8 Networking Events for participants, program sponsors, community businesses, community leaders and strategic partners
- 3 sites identified for Larimer storefronts
The Gallery on Penn, a brick-and-mortar triple storefront location, opened in November 2018. This offered a space in which entrepreneurs in the Catapult: Startup to Storefront program could incubate their business while receiving help with business knowledge and drawing in clients. The space offers a variety of craft goods, such as hair and skin care, clothing, and African crafts. The first cohort of participants graduated in January 2019. Read more: