BizFIT Plus Training Program | Riverside Center for Innovation
BizFIT Plus is the next phase of the original BizFIT entrepreneurship training program designed to support the growth of local Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs) working within the construction industry. BizFIT provides technical training, strategy development, network-building opportunities and coaching to help DBEs grow into sustainable firms by building on their organizational strengths, core competencies and competitive advantages. Prime contractors, anchor institutions, government agencies, elected officials along with many DBE firms created the BizFIT curriculum to address the systemic issues and barriers that hinder the growth of DBEs.
For the 2018 initiative, RCI will specifically target higher capacity DBE firms that have the growth potential to bid and service contracts of $100,000 or more through the support of the BizFIT Plus program. Many of the firms in the pipeline for BizFIT Plus are recent graduates of the original BizFIT Tier 1 and Tier 2 training programs.
- 15 MWDBEs will increase contract awards by 5-10%
- 15 current MWDBEs will have informational websites created
- 15 MWDBE microenterprises will increase their total annual revenues by 5-10%
- 15 MWDBEs will be mentored in a CEO Roundtable Series
- 15 MWDBE businesses will be enrolled in the new Diversifypittsburgh.org web portal for large contracting opportunities