Life Home Ownership and Housing Services in and for Larimer | WAVES
547 Paulson Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15206, USA
Women Against Violent Enterprise and Services (WAVES) is providing home ownership workshops to individuals residing in the inner city Pittsburgh neighborhood of Larimer.
This $15,000 investment will positively impact Quality of Life in Larimer.
- 35 people receiving homeownership training
- 8 first-time homebuyers
- 26 participants become home-ownership eligible
Homewood Bennett Street Development | Habitat for Humanity
Bennett Street, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Pittsburgh intends to build four new homes on Bennett Street in Homewood, providing four families with financial literacy education and homeownership through a 30-year, 0% interest mortgage with a one-year warranty.
This $15,000 investment will positively impact Quality of Life in Homewood.
- 4 first-time homebuyers
- 4 properties stabilized
- 4 people receiving homeownership training
- 4 people receiving financial coaching
- 4 people with increased wealth and savings
Hill District Tenant Leadership Development Program | Hill District Consensus Group
126 Erin St, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
The Hill District Consensus Group will design and deliver specialized trainings for 15 tenants and provide them with on-site technical assistance.
This $75,000 investment will positively impact Equitable Development in the Hill District.
- A solidified program including curriculum, modules, evaluation system and tools developed
- 12 tenants completing the Tenant Leadership Development Program
- 5 successful mediations/linkages conducted, with tenants noting improved housing conditions and/or housing access
- 1 advocacy actions/policy recommendations to either prevent unwarranted displacement or improve housing conditions
- 3 positive neighborhood stories included on website, social media, and newsletter
2018 PopUp! Pittsburgh Project of Leadership Development Initiative
Millvale, PA, USA
Leadership Pittsburgh Inc.’s Leadership Development Initiative (LDI) Cohort will partner with Millvale community residents, leaders and stakeholders to create, select, and execute the 2018 PopUp! event in Millvale.
This $6,000 investment will positively impact Community Ownership in Millvale.
- 1 LDI-led PopUp project implemented
- 50 emerging new leaders identified and engaged
- 4 Community-based organizations and/or individuals actively engaged in the planning/execution of PopUp!
Equitable Business Development Program Designed for Minority East End Entrepreneurs | East Liberty Development Inc.
6308-6346 E Liberty Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15206, USA
East Liberty Development Inc. will pilot a 9-month Business Development Program, with the longer term goal of securing a permanent, supportive, co-working space for minority business development.
This $15,000 investment will positively impact Equitable Development in Larimer.
- 10 participants joining the Catapult Program: From Start Up to Storefront for 9 months
- 10 one-on-one mentoring sessions held
- 8 Educational Seminars hosted
- 8 Networking Events for participants, program sponsors, community businesses, community leaders and strategic partners
- 3 sites identified for Larimer storefronts