Buhl Foundation Awards $25,000 to Neighborhood AlliesLeave a Comment
A $25,000 grant from the Buhl Foundation will support the Financial Opportunity Center (FOC) at Northside Common Ministries.
Last week, we were awarded a $25,000 grant from the Buhl Foundation that will support the Financial Opportunity Center (FOC) at Northside Common Ministries/Goodwill Southwest PA in 2017. The FOC model focuses on improving the financial bottom line for low-to moderate-income families and helping people change their financial behavior in a way that encourages a long-term commitment to increasing income, decreasing expenses, building credit, and acquiring assets.
In 2015, we launched three FOCs at local employment/social service agencies, including the Northside location. Since then, our local network of FOCs have provided bundled services to over 1000 individuals. 719 people have obtained employment and 380 have increased their net income. In 2017 our goals are:
- The FOCs will serve over 1,200 people and will provide bundled services to 800;
- 400 people will gain employment;
- 6-month retention rates will average 60%;
- 360 people will increase their net income;
- 30 people will improve their credit scores; and
- 50 people will increase their net worth.