Reach Your Savings Goals and Win $200 with Pittsburgh Saves!Leave a Comment
You can realize your financial goals. Making a plan is the first step.
Did you know that those who make a plan to save are twice as likely to succeed? Saving money can be tough. But Pittsburgh Saves is here to help! Whatever your financial goal, we can provide information and resources to help you save.
If you live in the Greater Pittsburgh area, taking the savings pledge will make you eligible for a raffle drawing for $200 each week during the campaign, which runs from February 20 through April 30, 2020. That’s 10 prizes from a prize pool of $2,000!
Don’t know where to start? Follow these savings actions to reach your goals:
- Open a bank account that is free, has a low minimum balance required, and earns you interest.
- Split your paycheck into checking and savings accounts. Contact your HR representative to set it up.
- Sign up for free tax prep through United Way by calling 2-1-1. Ask your tax preparer how you can split your refund into multiple bank accounts. Go to saveyourrrefund.com and enter to win $100!
- Families in Pennsylvania with children from 0-18 can join Fund My Future, a program that provides assistance and incentives to save. Go to fundmyfuturepa.org for a chance to win $1,000.
- The Pittsburgh Financial Empowerment Center has certified financial counselors to help you with banking, credit, debt and saving. Appointments are free! Call 1-800-298-0237 to set one up today.
To get more tips during the Pittsburgh Saves campaign and during the national America Saves week (February 24th – 29th), follow Neighborhood Allies on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and join our Pittsburgh Saves 2020 Facebook group here.
What is Pittsburgh Saves?
Pittsburgh Saves is an initiative of Neighborhood Allies, supported by City of Pittsburgh – Office of the Mayor, Pittsburgh Financial Empowerment Center, Advantage Credit Counseling Service, United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania and Fund My Future to encourage Pittsburghers to save more effectively and provide the tools for reaching savings goals! Our campaign lasts until April 30th and offers fun savings tips, opportunities to learn and gain resources, and chances to win prizes! We are a participating organization of America Saves Week.
What is America Saves?
America Saves seeks to motivate, encourage, and support low- to moderate-income households to save money, reduce debt, and build wealth. Non‐profit, government, and corporate groups participate in America Saves nationally and through local, regional, and statewide campaigns around the country. America Saves encourages individuals and families to take the America Saves pledge and organizations to promote savings year-round and during America Saves Week. Learn more at americasaves.org
What is America Saves Week?
It is a national opportunity for organizations to work together within their communities to transform the lives of millions of Americans. It is the framework in which participating organizations annually take on the savings challenges that their constituents face with support from local and national partners.