We’re Hiring! Neighborhood Allies Seeks an Executive Assistant and Office ManagerLeave a Comment
VISION: We envision a Pittsburgh with healthy neighborhoods that are thriving, resilient, and livable for all.
MISSION: Neighborhood Allies works to support the people, organizations and partnerships committed to creating and maintaining healthy neighborhoods.
Position: Executive Assistant and Office Manager
Reports to: President
Neighborhood Allies seeks an assertive, high performing individual to fill an Executive Assistant/Office Manager position. The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the President to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the day-to-day operations. Position requires a highly-motivated, quick thinker, with the ability to complete tasks and projects quickly, with little to no guidance, and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround. Of primary importance is to possess good judgment, work well under pressure in a fast paced environment, and excellent communications and public relations skills. The Executive Assistant will interact with high level key partners, and must exhibit discretion and professionalism in all activities, always reflecting the values and culture of the organization. Position entails a wide variety of tasks, with a large amount of scheduling, arranging for meetings and travel, tracking invoices and reimbursements, as well as document generation and editing.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for running the office in a highly efficient and effective manner by handling necessary administrative, organizational, communication, and other functions for a fast-paced community development organization. Successful candidates should be highly motivated, well-organized, have excellent written, oral and computer communication skills, including proficiency with Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite, and be able to relate to senior level executives and grassroots residents.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate Neighborhood Allies Board activity by scheduling and coordinating Board and Committee meetings, preparing and distributing meeting materials, taking meeting minutes, and maintaining related records.
- Reserve meeting space, handle food arrangements, and prepare room set-up for meetings.
- Provide administrative support to the President by maintaining and managing President’s calendar, coordinating and scheduling meetings, initiating and preparing correspondence, meeting agendas, screening all correspondence and phone calls, make travel arrangements, assisting in staff meetings and maintaining files.
- Schedule and prepare agendas for staff meetings. Monitor and approve invoices related to office expenses. Provide administrative support to other staff as needed.
- Ensure office efficiency by participating in the development, implementation and maintenance of office policies, procedures and systems. Maintain established standards and recommend system enhancements. Recommend equipment and training needs. Maintain good relationships with vendors.
- Administer employee attendance/time off and applicable HR performance files.
- Maintain office files including: creation of new files/filing systems and handling of all filing.
- Maintain office equipment and furnishings, including: the scheduling of routine maintenance and repairs, and researching new or replacement equipment, as needed.
- Maintain and order all office supplies for the office including: paper products and other items needed for meetings and events.
- IT backup support as needed. Assist in the accounting software maintenance.
- Schedule and coordinate arrangements for staff travel as needed.
- Maintain the office in a clean and orderly fashion including the conference room before and after meetings.
- Produce and proofread a variety of correspondence including: faxes, agendas, letters, memos and other communication generated by staff.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency with grant management as needed.
- Maintain the grants database including: monitoring grant report due dates, generating reminders to staff, and other necessary reports.
- Ensure that computer hardware and software is properly maintained and updated.
- Maintain the organization’s communication lists for the Board, committees, and other stakeholders.
- Complete check request, income control, and invoice creation request documents.
- Ensure timely and accurate payment of invoices and other bills.
- Assist with special projects as requested.
- Five years of increasingly responsible experience in office management, business administration, communications/public relations, nonprofit management, community development, urban planning or a related field.
- Experience using Google functions, specifically Gmail and the Gmail calendar.
- Experience using and maintaining office equipment, as well as updating and general support for various office machines, including copy machines and staff computers.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize a high volume workload and perform well in a fast-paced, high expectations environment.
- Excellent written/oral communication and listening skills, and ability to utilize new technologies for communication.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High level of professional ethics.
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to always maintain a positive attitude in relating to staff, clients, Board members, and other community representatives.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Openness to learning and eager to grow and develop skills and abilities.
- Ability to work effectively with key partners.
- Experience in working with neighborhood constituencies in urban neighborhoods.
- Understanding of nonprofit organizational structure and related material.
- Post high-school training or related certification in business administration, communications/public relations, nonprofit management, office management.
Neighborhood Allies offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements by July 6th, 2018 to:
225 Ross St., Suite 202
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
No phone calls please.
NEIGHBORHOOD ALLIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.