We’re Hiring! Neighborhood Allies Seeks A Program Manager for Neighborhood DevelopmentLeave a Comment
VISION: We envision a Pittsburgh with healthy neighborhoods that are thriving, resilient, and livable for all.
MISSION: Neighborhood Allies works to support the people, organizations and partnerships committed to creating and maintaining healthy neighborhoods.
Position: Program Manager, Neighborhood Development
Reports to: Director of Equity and Community Partnerships
We seek an assertive, collaborative, high performing individual to support our efforts to advance policies and build strong community partnerships through a focused lens of equitable development– a positive development strategy that ensures everyone participates in and benefits from the region’s economic transformation, especially low-income residents, communities of color, immigrants and others at risk of being left behind. It requires an intentional focus on eliminating racial inequities and barriers and making accountable and catalytic investments to assure that lower-wealth residents:
- live in healthy, safe, opportunity-rich neighborhoods that reflect their culture (and are not displaced from them);
- connect to economic and ownership opportunities
- have voice and influence in the decisions that shape their neighborhoods
The ideal candidate has strong leadership skills, experience in dealing with sensitive, complex, political situations and has a history of executing partnerships with colleagues, entrepreneurs, residents, community organizations, government agencies, philanthropy and other key stakeholders to advance equitable development initiatives.
The individual will represent Neighborhood Allies effectively in a variety of platforms and forums to promote excellence in: community participation, equitable development, trauma-informed community development, and will uphold our values of diversity, equity and inclusion. In addition, the candidate must possess a demonstrated success in executing work products, is results-driven, skilled in managing multiple competing timelines in a fast-paced changing environment and highly competent in communicating complex concepts to diverse audiences.
Key responsibilities include:
Policy and Equitable Development
- Support the planning, research analysis, data management, advocacy, organizing and evaluation efforts to advance the policy and program agenda of the All-In Pittsburgh Equitable Development Collaborative;
- Build relationships with policymakers, opinion leaders and others involved in the legislative process; provide education and training- including briefings and presentations to policymakers and other stakeholders;
- Assist with the operations of the All-In Pittsburgh Equitable Development Collaborative including but not limited to: Core Team, Steering Committee, Housing Action Team, Employment and Entrepreneurship Action Team meetings; community events and conferences;
- Support the public relations, marketing, branding and communications of All-In Pittsburgh: website maintenance; social media management and newsletter production;
- Build and maintain strategic alliances and strong working partnerships with community based organizations, community action groups and local government departments;
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and participate in strategy development and stewardship of selected organizations working within the focus neighborhoods;
- Work alongside neighborhood-based organizations to help widen their capacity to deliver measurable results; assist with the development of neighborhood plans; help provide financial and technical assistance towards the implementation of their identified priority projects and programs
- Assist in the coordination of community events in order to improve the quality and success of events to attract people to our neighborhoods; work closely with local media to ensure maximum event coverage; encourage design excellence in all aspects of promotion in order to advance an image of quality of our neighborhoods;
- Support the efforts of community based organizations and multi-sector collaborations to raise, leverage and absorb capital towards equitable development initiatives.
- Assist with the preparation of reports to funding agencies and supervise employees, consultants and vendors when appropriate;
- Support internal efforts to enhance and maintain a diverse and inclusive workplace
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to analyze complex issues and work effectively to advocate from a community perspective;
- Proven experience in public administration, equitable development, community building, and/or outreach;
- Experience in community outreach, organizing and/or community engagement with demonstrated skills to bring together community stakeholders;
- Knowledge of equitable economic development principles, practices and techniques;
- Excellent people/public relations, communication, mediation and negotiation skills;
- Ability to network with communities, civic leaders, economic development professionals, private sector partners and a wide variety of other organizations and constituents;
- Ability to use innovative thinking and identify best practices to approach problems, resolve conflicts, and implement programs;
- Working knowledge of nonprofit and/or community-based organizations involved in community and economic development and how they operate and function;
- Familiarity of land use planning, real estate development, zoning and municipal infrastructure;
- Proficiency in conducting presentations in different settings, including public community meetings, businesses, nonprofit organization meetings, and in small groups;
- Skilled at conducting research to identify emerging needs, trends and services that impact community development;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on a cross-functional team;
- Effectively manage competing priorities, accomplish tasks, and monitor performance metrics;
- Knowledge of common grant sources for communities, small businesses, and entrepreneurs.
- Experienced working with people from diverse backgrounds including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans;
- Ability to work evenings or on the weekend when needed.
Neighborhood Allies offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements by March 11, 2019 to:
Law and Finance Building
429 Fourth Avenue, Suite 1900
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
No phone calls please.
NEIGHBORHOOD ALLIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.