Request for Qualifications: ‘Get Online and Grow Online’ Small Business Program1 Comment
Neighborhood Allies is proud to partner with the Urban Redevelopment Authority to continue to meet the needs of residents and businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We recognize that this pandemic will deeply challenge the future of our communities and economy and as such, felt that this immediate response to aid businesses in creating additional and creative ways to reach their customers was necessary. During this time of crisis, it is more important than ever for small businesses to pivot their business model to include online sales. We are requesting from individuals or consulting firms to provide assistance to retail and food-based small businesses to build their e-commerce capacity.
Neighborhood Allies is seeking to provide entrepreneurs and small businesses with technical assistance in creating and/or improving their e-commerce capacity and/or demand. To effectively accomplish these objectives, Neighborhood Allies is requesting proposals from qualified parties to assist current businesses in: 1. Developing an online platform if needed and/or; 2. Effectively marketing the products or services offered online
Firms may be selected for one or multiple of the services below:
- Work with project team to develop a webinar on how small businesses can maximize their current online capacity (including marketing and promotions). This may include creating additional minor “how-to” material.
- Provide up to 5 hours of one-on-one, remote technical assistance for businesses that do not currently have the capacity to sell their goods or services online. This service would result in at least the basic mechanism in which to execute online sales.
- Manage a small cohort of firms that have some ecommerce capacity but need targeted assistance. These cohorts would focus on one the following: ecommerce, social media, branding and messaging, or user experience.
Compensation for selected technical assistance providers will be $80/hour. We anticipate to allocate funding to serve 50 businesses through this program.
Criteria for Selection:
- The respondent’s experience in providing services similar to those within the Project Scope
- The quality of the respondent’s management, reputation, and references
- Respondent should have at least 2 years of experience providing the services specified in the response
B. Quality of Submission:
- The quality of the submission and the degree to which it demonstrates a full understanding of the ability to perform the services to be rendered.
- The content of the response should demonstrate the respondent’s full understanding of the Background, along with the other materials.
C. MWBE participation on the contract or if the respondent is a MWBE.
Review of Qualifications:
- The qualifications review committee will consist of relevant Neighborhood Allies and URA staff.
- The qualifications review committee will check responses against mandatory criteria.
- Formal interviews with respondents may be scheduled at the discretion of the qualifications review committee.
- During the evaluation process, Neighborhood Allies reserves the right to request additional information or clarifications from the respondents or to allow or waive corrections, errors, or omissions.
Guidelines and Requirements:
This is an open and competitive process for a qualified professional service firms and freelance consultants. Submissions will be accepted until Monday, April 20th, 2020 at 5pm EST with a potential services start date of Thursday, April 23rd, 2020.
The proposal should include the following information:
- Title Page – include the consultant’s name or firm, contact person, and contact information
- Qualifications – Please respond to the following sections, clearly marking them accordingly. If you are unable to provide a response to a particular question, leave the section blank. Please do not provide any information other than what is specifically requested.
- Experience – Briefly describe similar consulting work you or your firm has completed in one or more of these subject areas: ecommerce, social media, branding and messaging, user experience as well as use of various web hosting platforms.
- Organization Profile – This information should include total number of employees, resume of consultant(s) to provide services, and certifications and/or licenses.
- References – Provide two references from other entities or business clients that have worked with you or your firm on similar projects. Include the reference’s name, title, business or organization, address, direct telephone number, and email address.
- Primary Qualification – Provide a brief narrative that explains why you or your firm are qualified to provide the scope of services discussed above.
3. Minority and Women‐Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) Narrative – State as succinctly as possible if your firm will incorporate MWBE participation on the contract. MWBE participation can be satisfied by:
- MBE or WBE ownership of the firm
- Use of MWBE subconsultants
If you are using a MBE or WBE subconsultant or partner to perform any part of this work, list the business name, type, address, and owner information.
4. Other Information – Please provide any other information you believe is pertinent to the project team’s consideration of your firm. Please limit your response to this question to no more than one pages.