Pittsburgh Saves 2020 Continues through April 30th | You Could Win $200Leave a Comment
America Saves Week might be over, but Pittsburgh Saves 2020 is just beginning! Between now and April 30th, you can enter into a weekly raffle for $200 by taking the Pittsburgh Saves Pledge at pittsburghsaves.org.
We kicked off Pittsburgh Saves 2020 and America Saves Week on Monday, February 24th with a press event that welcomed savers, partners, and allies all with the same goal: to help Pittsburghers save for their vacations, emergency funds, homes, education, retirement – simply put, for their futures. At the event, our Pittsburgh Saves team shared valuable savings strategies and local resources where residents could find financial help and guidance! While the national America Saves Week campaign has come to an end, the Pittsburgh Saves 2020 campaign is just getting started. In fact, we’ll be sharing savings tips, local resources to help you save, and drawing $200 weekly raffles every Wednesday until April 30th!
To stay up to date with the campaign, be sure to:
- Take the Pittsburgh Saves pledge at pittsburghsaves.org by clicking on “take the pledge” in the top right corner of the homepage.
- Follow Neighborhood Allies on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Share your goals using the hashtag #PittsburghSaves2020.
- Join our Pittsburgh Saves 2020 Facebook group for information, tips, and campaign updates, as well as to engage with other individuals embarking on a savings journey!
Don’t know how to start saving? Follow these savings actions to reach your goals:
- Open a bank account that is free, has a low minimum balance required, and earns you interest.
- Split your paycheck into checking and savings accounts. Contact your HR representative to set it up.
- Sign up for free tax prep through United Way by calling 2-1-1. Ask your tax preparer how you can split your refund into multiple bank accounts. Go to saveyourrrefund.com and enter to win $100!
- Families in Pennsylvania with children from 0-18 can join Fund My Future, a program that provides assistance and incentives to save. Go to fundmyfuturepa.org for a chance to win $1,000.
- The Pittsburgh Financial Empowerment Center has certified financial counselors to help you with banking, credit, debt and saving. Appointments are free! Call 1-800-298-0237 to set one up today.
Check out our Pittsburgh Saves video playlist to learn how to save from other Pittsburghers!
What is Pittsburgh Saves?
Pittsburgh Saves is an initiative of Neighborhood Allies, supported by City of Pittsburgh – Office of the Mayor, Pittsburgh Financial Empowerment Center, Advantage Credit Counseling Service, United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania and Fund My Future to encourage Pittsburghers to save more effectively and provide the tools for reaching savings goals! Our campaign lasts until April 30th and offers fun savings tips, opportunities to learn and gain resources, and chances to win prizes! We are a participating organization of America Saves Week.
What is America Saves?
America Saves seeks to motivate, encourage, and support low- to moderate-income households to save money, reduce debt, and build wealth. Non‐profit, government, and corporate groups participate in America Saves nationally and through local, regional, and statewide campaigns around the country. America Saves encourages individuals and families to take the America Saves pledge and organizations to promote savings year-round and during America Saves Week. Learn more at americasaves.org
What is America Saves Week?
It is a national opportunity for organizations to work together within their communities to transform the lives of millions of Americans. It is the framework in which participating organizations annually take on the savings challenges that their constituents face with support from local and national partners.