Media Coverage | Cleveland Fed launches advisory councilLeave a Comment
By: Patty Tascarella | Senior Reporter, Pittsburgh Business Times | September 11, 2018 | Read the full article
Four business leaders from southwestern Pennsylvania are among the 15 members of the Federal Reserve Bank of Clevleand’s inaugural Community Advisory Council.
They are: Presley Gillespie, president, Neighborhood Allies; Ernie Hogan, executive director, Pittsburgh Community Reinvestment Group; Breen Masciotra, transit oriented development project manager, Port Authority of Allegheny County; and Jim Stark, CEO, Fayette County Community Action Agency.
The council members, who will serve two-year terms, will help inform the Cleveland Fed’s community development staff and senior leadership about current and emerging economic trends and social issues impacting lower-income communities.
CAC members were selected to be representative of the region served by the Cleveland Fed and strategically aligned to the Community Development team’s core areas of focus, including workforce and economic development, housing affordability, and access to credit for small business. The Cleveland Fed, with branches in Cincinnati and Pittsburgh, serves an area that comprises Ohio, western Pennsylvania, eastern Kentucky, and the northern panhandle of West Virginia.
CAC members will serve two-year terms, but could be asked to stay on longer to provide mentorship to new council members or if they are involved in ongoing projects. The newly appointed council members are:
- Eric Avner, Vice President and Senior Program Manager The Carol Ann and Ralph V. Haile, Jr./U.S. Bank Foundation Cincinnati, OH
- Keith Burwell, President and Chief Executive Officer Toledo Community Foundation Toledo, OH
- Heidi Gartland, Vice President of Government and Community Relations University Hospitals Cleveland, OH
- Presley Gillespie, President Neighborhood Allies Pittsburgh, PA
- Ernie Hogan, Executive Director Pittsburgh Community Reinvestment Group Pittsburgh, PA
- David James, Superintendent Akron City School District Akron, OH
- Tawana Jones, Community and Economic Development Operations Manager Montgomery County Dayton, OH
- Bryan Kieler, Director of Lending in Ohio IFF Columbus, OH
- Edwin King, Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer Kentucky Housing Corporation Frankfort, KY
- Breen Masciotra, TOD Project Manager Port Authority of Allegheny County Pittsburgh, PA
- Augie Napoli,President and Chief Executive Officer United Way of Greater Cleveland Cleveland, OH
- Jillian Ollinger, Interim Assistant Executive Director The Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnicity Columbus, OH
- Jim Stark, Chief Executive Officer Fayette County Community Action Agency, Inc. Uniontown, PA
- Stephanie Stiene, Director of Financial Wellness and Volunteer Engagement Brighton Center Newport, KY
- Danny Williams, President and Chief Executive Officer Eliza Bryant Village Cleveland, OH
Brief biographies of the CAC members are available online.
The council’s first meeting will be October 17, 2018. Meeting agendas will be posted on the Bank’s website after each meeting.