Homewood Progressive Dinner Highlights Homewood-based BusinessesLeave a Comment
On Saturday, October 19th, the Homewood-Brushton Business Association, in partnership with Neighborhood Allies, held the 2nd Homewood Progressive Dinner – a unique culinary experience and social affair that moved attendees through five different businesses in Homewood and offered food from five different Homewood-based caterers. From appetizers, to custom cocktails, to dessert, the event allowed attendees to truly get a taste of the neighborhood!
The Homewood Progressive Dinner aimed to show attendees the exciting landscape of businesses and cuisine that exists within the Homewood neighborhood. Making up the heart of the neighborhood, these hidden gems are part of what makes Homewood – Homewood. From soul food at Ms. Sandy’s Kitchen and New Orleans inspired cuisine from Roux Orleans Catering, to the African American centered and multi-ethnic missional community at House of Manna and the budding event spaces at Cabaret Banquet Hall, these small businesses are helping to shape Homewood as a true cultural destination with so much to offer.
“Most people don’t take the time to stop and enjoy all that Homewood offers – from a sandwich shop to event spaces to barber shops and hardware stores, you can find what you need here! Homewood truly has something for everyone.”
– Demi Kolke, Senior Program Manager of Corridor Revitalization
Testimonials from the Attendees
“Lots of fun with friends and meet[ing] new people. Along with great food.”
“It was an amazing time and a wonderful opportunity to eat great food, meet some nice people, and see all the wonderful venues and businesses that Homewood has to offer.”
“Homewood Brushton Business Association did the jam thing tonight! The Progressive Dinner was FABULOUS. First stop, Everyday Cafe for dessert, 2nd stop, House of Manna for the main course, 3rd Jones Printing for the appetizer, 4th Cabaret Banquet Hall & Event Center for libations and finally Stanley’s Lounge for the night cap. EVERYTHING was SO NICE. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. “
“Good job to the Homewood Brushton Business Association for putting together a great tour. I enjoyed every stop and look to support these local businesses.”
The businesses and other Homewood spaces that served as stops along the dinner route were:
- Everday Cafe is Homewood’s hub for innovation and inspiration, where great coffee and passionate people meet, every day. The Café is owned and operated by Bible Center Church. Our dream is to be Pittsburgh’s quintessential place for premium coffee and delicious food. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 7am to 8pm, Saturday 7am to 3pm, closed Sunday.
- House of Manna actively seeks peace and justice through building relationships. We serve as a HUB for ministries and organizations to serve the community. Our vision is to see the everyday people of Homewood living a healthy, safe, self-sufficient life.
- Jones Printing is your neighborhood commercial printing service. Family owned and operated since 1948. We are your one stop print shop for business and personal printing needs such as business cards, signage, promotional items, and much more.
- Cabaret Banquet Hall is a unique, classy one-of-a kind establishment here to host all of your banquet and event rental space needs. Cabaret Hall is a beautiful banquet facility that has four event spaces available for rent, including a private outdoor space. Parking is available and handicapped accessible.
- Stanley’s Lounge is an upscale, mature adult crowd that services ages 35+. We are one of very few non-smoking bars. Stanley’s is an enjoyable establishment for family and friends.
The cuisine featured at each stop included food and drinks from:
- TLC Libations offers premium homemade TLC Sangria, custom cocktails, non-alcoholic beverages and highlights regional wineries & breweries. We strive to bring a unique and special touch to any event, venue or home by providing excellent customer service and a custom tailored beverage menu to fit all of your attendees needs to take your event over the top with TLC (tender, love & care).
- Ms. Sandy’s Kitchen is a local business in Homewood that serves great home-cooked food like grandma used to make! We offer a variety of different items to satisfy a little bit of everyone’s taste buds! We offer amazing quality taste at affordable prices. We hope that we can give you great service and a happy belly!
- Roux Orleans Catering is a Pittsburgh-based catering company specializing in authentic New Orleans style cuisine. Our diverse menu can be adapted to cater breakfast, lunch, or snack. Whether the event is an office lunch, a casual seafood boil, or a four-course meal for 200, we possess the experience to make each event a success. For us, cooking is about passion, heritage, and culture. Clients are sure to taste our experience and commitment to excellent cuisine.