We’re Hiring! Neighborhood Allies seeks a Chief Operating OfficerLeave a Comment
VISION: We envision a Pittsburgh with healthy neighborhoods that are thriving, resilient, and livable for all.
MISSION: Neighborhood Allies works to support the people, organizations and partnerships committed to creating and maintaining healthy neighborhoods.
Position: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Reports to: President
Neighborhood Allies seeks an experienced, dynamic leader to direct, administer and lead program and financial activities and help drive the organization to the next level of success. As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will report to the President and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the organization. The COO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, and managing operational and financial-related activities of the organization. This executive will also have direct management responsibility for information technology, financial and human resources, program planning and resource development.
Candidates should also have demonstrated and relevant leadership; strong abilities in program and/or project management; proven success in relationship development, revenue generation; and an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving. The COO will play a key role in developing, monitoring and evaluating overall strategy with the President and leaders of the organization with emphasis on performance management, growth and demonstrable impact.
- Leads the day-to-day staff by helping to strategically plan and coordinate organizational activities using effective and creative 21st century approaches to address vulnerable neighborhoods and issues facing low income neighborhoods.
- Serves on the senior management team, developing and executing annual business plan goals, and organization-wide strategies.
- Directly supervises the work of the Program Directors and Senior Program Managers. Along with input from the President, evaluates performance.
- Assists the President to ensure effective management of the organization including, executing specific strategies to effectively grow the organization, ensure financial strength and increase operational efficiency.
- Directs and oversees Neighborhood Stabilization strategies, and related metrics and outcomes.
- Effectively manages project objectives with staff by defining specifications/requirements, identifying resources, organizing teams, ensuring project goals conform to the organization’s strategic framework and roadmap.
- Oversees successful annual budget process.
- Assists the president in overall planning and execution of all revenue goals, including shifting from a Fundraising Strategy to a Revenue Strategy.
- Provides overall direction and guidance to staff and develops cross-functional teams composed of both staff and consultants that work across organizational areas (strategy and performance improvement; development, information technology and program areas)
- Oversees and manages the development and implementation of performance planning, measurement, and evaluation systems to assure program and operational integrity and quality are maintained, and resources are appropriately aligned.
- Promotes results-oriented and transformational culture with staff and works with the President to implement professional development strategies across organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK HISTORY:
- MBA, CPA or relevant advanced degree
- Experience in organizational financial planning including preparing, presenting and interpreting financial statements and budgets
- Ten + years’ senior management/deputy director experience successfully managing an organization or division
- Demonstrated experience in operational planning, data analysis, budgeting with previous experience overseeing information technology and business operations
- Ability to attract, develop, and retain talented individuals; create a learning environment that ensures staff realizes their highest potential
- Ability to develop, analyze and speak to business performance and metrics
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
- Familiarity with requirements applicable to use of government funds
- Intellectual capacity and curiosity
- Strong problem solver
- High level of interconnectivity with people
- Ability to sustain high energy
- Ability to detect and diagnose, acute sensitivity to diverse people and issues
- Confidant to President
- Defines and shapes a vision; thinks strategically; takes smart risks
- Inspires commitment and followership; ability to energize others
- Delivers results through others; leverages the expertise of the team; empowers the team and delegates effectively; holds team accountable for delivering results
- Makes tough tradeoffs and resource allocation decisions across the functions
- Effectively manages and fosters great talent; excellent judge of talent; acts as a coach and teacher; builds diverse teams
- Balances risks and rewards; demonstrates sound judgment and acts with speed
- Communicates clearly and concisely with passion, candor and authenticity; communicates effectively with all levels of the organization and has mastered how to reach those employees across all functional areas of the organization.
- Builds a network of strong partnerships across the business; collaborates effectively with peers and other external leaders
Neighborhood Allies offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
225 Ross St., Suite 202
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
No phone calls please.
NEIGHBORHOOD ALLIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.