Applications for Grassroots Grantmaking Committee OPEN NOW!Leave a Comment
We are seeking resident leaders to represent and make funding decisions on behalf of our target neighborhoods by serving on our Grassroots Grantmaking Committee (GGC). Apply today to join a dedicated body of residents from each of Neighborhood Allies’ target communities that reviews grant applications to our Love My Neighbor! grant program, interviews the residents about their projects, and decides on which projects to fund!
Love My Neighbor! invests in resident-led projects that aim to improve neighborhoods and engage neighbors. The mission of the program is to build neighborhoods by identifying, co-powering, and supporting projects imagined by and for residents of the community. Where Love My Neighbor! differs from most grantmaking programs in Pittsburgh is how the funding decisions are made. The Grassroots Grantmaking Committee (GGC), a body of residents from each of Neighborhood Allies’ target communities, reviews the grant applications, interviews the residents about their projects, and decides on which projects to fund! Learn more about the Love My Neighbor! Grant Program.
To be a GGC Member, you must reside in one of the following neighborhoods:
- Hill District
- Hilltop (Allentown, Beltzhoover, Knoxville)
And possess these skills:
- Be able to share resources, ideas, and opportunities across your neighborhood and spread them to other communities,
- Engage residents and other community leaders,
- Be self-motivated to improve your community,
- Realize the importance of improving neighborhoods wholistically through a variety of projects,
- Be eager to learn new skills for solving community problems,
- Be willing to commit to serving on the committee for 3 years, with an average of 16 meetings per year.