- This event has passed.
6th Annual Two Wheels Lots of Green: Bike Tour & Block Party
October 7 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
GTECH’s Two Wheels, Lots of Green Bike Tour & Block Party is in its 6th year! (I know- we can’t believe it either!) This year is extra special as we are still celebrating our 10th Anniversary. 2017’s family friendly tour on bike will be guided by ride marshals from the Pittsburgh Major Taylor Cycling Club and cover 6 stops in 6.5 easy miles to the communities of Larimer, Homewood, and Wilkinsburg. The tour will begin and end at GTECH’s offices in Larimer where we’ll be closing down Julius Street for the block party.
This is a family friendly event, so bring everyone you know – and your pets too! What a great way to explore and celebrate Pittsburgh’s communities on a fall Saturday!
Visit greenspace projects by bike!
10 am – 1 pm
We will visit healing gardens, playspaces, and community gatherings spaces. It’s been 3 years since we’ve hosted this event in the east and we have a lot to share. At each stop, we will speak with community partners, learn about their journey and the transformation of vacant spaces into activated places. Tickets include programming and treats at each stop, as well as a souvenir musette bag, souvenir cup, and homemade ‘g’ cookie.
Riders under the age of 13 are free! Please note, we encourage all riders to wear a helmet.
Don’t have a bike? Don’t worry, our partners at Healthy Ride can lend you one for the day, just let us know when you register.
Celebrate with us on Julius Street!
1pm – 4pm
The Bike Tour will be followed by a free entry, family friendly Block Party on Julius St between GTECH’s and Sherwin Williams’ parking lots. Stop by from 1 until 4 and listen to live music from Smokestack Lightning, take part in fun and crafty activities, enter our cornhole street tournament, enjoy good eats from various food trucks and libations from local partners.
- Taste interesting and innovative ciders made from all local fruit which would not otherwise be used from A Few Bad Apples.
- Enjoy cocktails and samples from Wigle Whiskey.
- Sip local brews from our neighbors, East End Brewing Company.
- For the non-alcholic crowd, enjoy seasonal punch and cider made just for you!
- Fill up on food from Iron City Eats, Yinzburgh BBQ, Tango Food Truck, Billu’s Indian Grill on Wheels food trucks
- Advice from bike aficionados from Aero Tech Designs and Healthy Ride.
- Learn about opportunities for in-depth solar education, custom energy assessments, and recommendations from our partners at EIS Solar
- For the young and young at heart: make your own ornament, get your face painted, frost your own cupcake!
Grab a friend and sign up for our first ever cornhole tournament – 6 boards will be live at once!
During the community block party, we will host a cornhole tournament the length of Julius Street, which will be closed to traffic for the day, connecting good food, drinks, and entertainment.
We will do a bracket system where winners move on to the next round until there is just one! The winning team will receive a gift card for dinner and bragging rights over a one-of-a-kind trophy to mark the occasion.
Registration is $10 per teams of 2. Teams can enter on the day of the tournament, but to ensure we have good match ups and the right timing, we ask that you pre-register below.